- Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Neuroscience
- Rutgers Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Past President of Latin American Biophysical Society (SOBLA)
- B.S., Biology. School of Biological Sciences, Catholic University of Chile
- Ph.D., Physiology Graduate Program, School of Biological Sciences, Catholic University of ChileThesis: Biophysical properties of Connexin43 hemichannels: Possible role in cell death induced by ischemia.
Sponsor: Michael V.L. Bennett, D. Phil., and Juan Carlos Saez, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Molecular Neurophysiology Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Sponsor: Miguel Holmgren, Ph.D.
- Student Travel Award, CONICYT, Gap Junction Conference Hawaii, USA
- PhD Dissertation Honor Recognition, The Chilean Academy of Sciences
- Predoctoral fellowship, CONICYT, Chile
- Predoctoral fellowship, Kirby Foundation
- Postdoctoral fellowship, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award, National Institutes of Health
- Fellows Award for Research Excellence (FARE), National Institutes of Health
- Grass Fellowship for Neurophysiology, Marine Biological Laboratory
- Visiting Scientist Fellowship for research at the Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory (MDIBL)
- Member, NIH Neurotransporters, Receptors, Channels and Calcium Signaling (NTRC)